Disclaimer: The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Soldier of Steel ™. As always, all opinions expressed are my own.
You know one of my pet peeves is the “I can’t exercise because I can’t make it to/can’t afford/don’t wanna go to the gym” excuse.
Well, folks: YOUR EXCUSES ARE NOT VALID HERE.
And here is another reason why: the National Guard, Superman, and a bad-ass alpinist (did you know that was a word? Me either. Neither did blogger, I just added it to the dictionary.) are giving you a killer 6 week workout plan that you can do pretty much anywhere. Cost: zero. It’s free.
The Soldier of Steel™ workout plan was developed by the “Man of Steel™” (Superman) trainer Mark Twight (the alpinist), in cooperation with the National Guard. Mark Twight, in addition to summiting ridiculous mountains, and teaching climbing, nutrition and fitness to Special Operations Command Personnel, is responsible for training not only the cast and stunt crew of “Man of Steel™”, but “300” and “300: Rise of an Empire”.
|King Leonidas hates excuses.|
“Physical fitness is an essential trait for every Soldier. National Guard Soliders are trained to be ready for anything. Just as Clark Kent transforms into the Man of Steel™ (now playing in theaters) when needed, National Guard Citizen- Soldiers transform when their communities call.”
But let’s break it down further past the Hollywood/celebrity status:
The Soldier of Steel™ training plan does not have physical mastery as its objective. Instead, following this guidance and schedule will teach the trainee fundamental and universal movements, and begin to instill the habit of daily exercise. According to the training plan: Soldiers need to develop work tolerance, a variety of movement skills, with emphasis on power-endurance (cardio-respiratory), strength-endurance (muscular) and general endurance (systemic). The plan is written on the premise of following each hard day with an easier recovery day. The plan allows one full rest day each week, otherwise training is expected every day.
Approximately 80% of the workouts may be done without special equipment. Open space is the only requirement.Equipment necessary for the other 20% of the workout:
2) 23 instructional videos demonstrate the moves prescribed in each workout. Don’t know how to do a burpee (my favorite!)? Mark will teach you.
3) FREE. Did I mention that already? It is free.
4) Modifiable. Most of the workouts give some modifications (as seen in the picture above). But beyond that, a workout of this nature is completely modifiable based upon time and sets. Can’t do all of the prescribed exercises yet? Do half. Need to rest longer than 2 minutes? Take 4. Work your way up to being able to complete
5) Active rest days: keep you moving while preventing injury and burnout.
So there you have it. ANOTHER way to get fit, no excuses accepted. You can download the entire 6 week The Soldier of Steel™ workout program, as well as the instructional videos and fitness training webisodes here:
Have any questions for Mark Twight? Tomorrow (Thursday June 20), Mark will answer fan questions on the @NationalGuard Twitter handle. Follow the conversation from 3PM EST – 4PM EST at #TwightTakeover