From the blog post “40 by 40“…my take on the ever popular “Bucket List”
- Run the Tenzing Hillary Everest Marathon (bet you didn’t see that one coming!)1a) …get a passport. This could come in handy…
- Meet, and more importantly, take a fitness class led by Richard Simmons.
- Rock climb outdoors.
- Run the Big Sur Marathon. Sure, Boston, NYC, etc are on my wish list, but in my eyes, Big Sur trumps all others.
- Climb a really big mountain. Maybe some of those 14’ers my West Coast friends always brag about.
- Publish a book.
- Pet a manatee. That’s right, a sea cow.
- Log roll (like in the lumberjack competitions)
- Surf in Hawaii (and see Pipeline with my own eyes, though I will paddle out somewhere much calmer).
- Go to the Olympics (as a spectator…possibly even press. Certainly not as an athlete.)
- Ten unassisted pull ups in a row. Real pull ups…no kipping. Such a small feat…such tiny arms.
Run a 50 mile ultra.Done! 5/30/15 Infinitus 2015
- “Hunt” for Bigfoot (with a camera, not a gun). I’m kind of joking…and also kind of not.
- Watch sea turtles hatch and run to the ocean.
- Run a 100 mile ultra (my feet already hurt…)
- Stand up paddle-board. Bonus points for doing so in a bio-luminescent bay (thanks for the idea Jenny!)
- Drive cross country, stop for ridiculous photo ops such as the world’s largest ball of twine, and the Cabazon dinosaurs
- Attempt the Barkley Marathons.
- Ride a burro in/on/around the Grand Canyon.
- Get my Dad to run (or shuffle, or walk) in some sort of race with me. Might as well bring the whole family in. (And no Dad, I don’t mean in a car.)
- Complete a full iron distance triathlon (140.6)
- White water raft.
- Donate blood.
- Enter and compete in some sort of fitness competition (bikini? body building? )
- Read “Born to Run” (still haven’t)
- Zip line between the trees. Tropical or coniferous, doesn’t really matter to me.
- Run the Dipsea Race.
- Participate in a multiple day adventure race.
- Go to Burning Man… (and run the Ultra while I’m there)
- Make homemade donuts. I love donuts. However, I can’t really cook…
- See an orca whale in the wild (Pacific Northwest?)
- Overnight backpacking trip. Maybe two overnights.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter, take dogs for walks.
- Visit one of those caves full of stalagmites and stalactites
- Run a sub 4 hour marathon (since my half pr is a 1:40, I should be able to do this!!)
- Master the clean & jerk (it alludes me)
- Go to Alaska, visit a town where it is still bright out at 11 pm.
- Scuba dive.
- Stomp on grapes at a vineyard, I Love Lucy style.
Switch this blog over to wordpress (it’s been 5 years and I still haven’t had the guts to do it. I consider it a massive adventure.)DONE!
41. TransRockies Run
42. Horseback ride (horses kind of scare me. I know, that’s crazy. Especially consider the aforementioned Burros do not. )
43. Thru-hike a section of the Appalachian Trail.
44. Ditto the PCT ^.
45. Read 100 books in 1 year.
46. Have an article published in a popular magazine.
47. See a giant cactus in person. You know, the ones that are like 6+ feet tall.
48. See a wild mountain goat…in the wild.
49. Ride on and help sail one of those HUGE sailboats. I have a captivation and fear of the open ocean. So amazing…so powerful.
50. Travel out of the country. Crazy how I’ve never done that…