Have I got some exciting news for you! I’ve got a Marathon Maniac worthy weekend coming up in November, and I can hardly wait I’m SO excited for it:
I will be running the Battleship Half Marathon in Wilmington NC November 6th.
The latter, a wedding for two amazing people that I would not miss for the world. Yes, a running wedding. How awesome is that? Love and Lactic Acid. Brings happy tears to my eyes!
And the first, an amazing weekend with some amazing runners that YOU are all cordially invited to!
Here are the details: Race & Relax on the Road is a social media escape bringing together 20-25 women for a weekend of running, learning, networking and of course, relaxing. The first Race & Relax on The Road will take place November 4-5, 2011, where Participants will run in the Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Half Marathon (or full, I’m running the 26.2 – HG) In addition to the race weekend, the ladies will start supporting each other now via Twitter, blogs, Facebook, dailymile and other social media outlets leading up to the event.
***Race and Relax is perfect for newbies or experienced runners because there’s so much fun and encouragement!***
Join us today and receive …
- A four month training plan created by RRCA certified running coach and blogger Tonia Blanchet from RacingWithBabes.blogspot.com (novice and experienced plans are available).
- Nutritional suggestions and on-going advice leading up to the race.
- A pre-race dinner in Savannah along with motivational running tips.
- The spectacular post-race Celebration Lunch.
- The Race & Relax Swag Bag filled with indulgent goodies.
- A host of other special surprises.
- The support of other fabulous women just like you! (like Renee, Lorraine, and ME!!!)
Wait, did I mention we have awesome sponsors? The Wine Sisterhood is returning as a gold sponsor to help us all RELAX; the American Cancer Society DetermiNation Program is our official charity sponsor; and Attune Foods is a supporting sponsor.
Space is limited and goes quickly so be sure to act fast. Click here to register NOW!
(For more information or If you’re interested in supporting these lovely ladies as they Race & Relax and take care of themselves you can email Lorraine Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org. *Rock ‘n’ Roll race registrations should be purchased separately)
BUT WAIT!! Now that you’ve read ALL of that…read this: ONE of my lucky readers will WIN a complimentary Race and Relax registration!
****Please note, you will need to register for the race separately, the race and relax registration is for the pre/post party and FUN only! *****
If you are already registered for the half or full marathon, or have been on the fence about registering, you do NOT want to miss this opportunity!
To enter the giveaway:
1) click that “follow my adventures” button over there ——-> and follow my blog, if you aren’t already. Comment that you are a follower!
2) Tell us why YOU would love to join the R&R at the R&R (haha!) weekend!
3) tweet, facebook, blog, dailymile, etc this giveaway. Comment for each one.
Contest ends 2 weeks from today, August 2nd. Winner will be drawn randomly by http://www.random.org/.
Good luck, and remember, if you are 100% sure you WANT to join us, and don’t want to wait, register now to get one of the 15 early bird spots! http://raceandrelaxontheroad.eventbrite.com/
Happy Training, see you in Savannah!!