Supplements. As a personal trainer and fitness specialist, people ask me ALL OF THE TIME about supplements, and what they should or should not be taking. My view is this: your best bet is to get all of the vitamins and nutrients you need from your food. Real, natural…but not always easy. The reality is, we can’t always get everything we need from food. Be it a time issue (getting all of your meals in), a money issue (some produce is outrageously priced) or a “I just can’t eat that much in one day” issue, many of us come up short daily on our basic nutrition needs.
I am NOT a registered dietician nor a nutritionist, so I’m not here to tell you what *you* need as far as your daily nutrition needs. I will however, tell you that I’m a big fan of the multi vitamin. So I was excited to try Centrum’s new line , “Pro Nutrients”. Centrum sent me samples of their Omega-3, Fruit & Veggie, Probiotics, and my favorite, the Centrum Specialist Energy multi vitamin. Before I tell you what I thought, here’s a little bit of info about the ProNutrients line
- ProNutrients is a new line of dietary supplements launched by the makers of Centrum multivitamins, and is formulated to naturally work with a multivitamin.
- The line includes Omega-3, Probiotic, and Fruit & Veggie—three supplements that support health and well-being. Each supplement is backed by the nutritional expertise of Centrum, identifying the right ingredients to take consumers’ nutrition to the next level.
- New ProNutrients Omega-3 provides two of the most scientifically studied Omega-3s (according to Eicosapentaenoic Acid/EPA and Docosahexaenoic Acid/DHA standards) in an ultra-concentrated MiniGel. Since the MiniGels are smaller than the sizes of most brands’ softgels, they are easy to swallow. They help support heart health, brain structure and eye structure.* The retail value of the 50-unit package is $12.99, and the 100-unit package is $19.99.
- ProNutrients Fruit & Veggie each MiniTab of new harnesses the power equal to a serving of a blend of fruits and vegetables. It is 100 percent naturally sourced from grapes, blueberries, raspberries, plums, carrots and tomatoes. Each MiniTab helps support cell protection and general health.* The retail value for the 50-unit package is $11.99, and the 100-unit package is $19.99.
- New ProNutrients Probiotic is a unique blended powder containing two of the most scientifically studied probiotics. The individually wrapped packets are designed to ensure the bacteria arrive active and ready to work in the digestive tract. ProNutrients Probiotic helps support immune health and digestive balance.* The retail value for the 14-unit package is $18.99, and the 28-unit package is $29.99.
I really did feel more energized after taking the daily Centrum Specialist Energy multivitamin. Not in the crazy-energy drink sort of way, but more the, OK, I’m awake, had a morning cup of coffee, took a shower, I’m ready to go sort of way. Works for me!
As far as the probiotics go, I was able to blend them into an awesome fresh fruit and veggie mix I made with a juicer. I call it….well I don’t know what to call it. But it went like this:
To enter: take the Nutrition Possible survey at the following link, HERE.
Comment below to let us know which supplement it suggested for you, and you will automatically be entered!
One winner will be chosen on Friday 2/10/12 via random.org. Official RULES for the giveaway can be found HERE.
Don’t want to wait? Check out http://on.fb.me/ProNutrients for $5 off coupon from their facebook fan page! Good luck!
I am participating in a CentrumProNutrients campaign hosted by One2One Network. I received nutritional product and compensation including a gift valued at $150. While all opinions stated are my own, I make no claims about Centrum ProNutrients as a product or it’s effectiveness.