Last Updated on by
whoa…where does the time go! It seems like yesterday I started this blog and wrote this post. It also seems like yesterday my baby was born, yet he will turn one a week from today. But that’s another topic I don’t even want to think about right now!!
Anyway, as quickly as the time went by since I signed on with TEAM FIGHT to run the 2009 Baltimore running festival marathon, a lot has happened.
- I realized that trying to take almost an hour off of my marathon PR and run a Boston qualifying time was a stretch at this point in my life. I have no doubt that I CAN and WILL do it. But perhaps waiting until my kids consistently sleep through the night and are slightly more independent, and I’m not working two jobs and in school full time, might be a good idea. Making this realization took all the pressure in the world off of my running,and made it more enjoyable once again. For that I am very thankful.
- I raised $772 for the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults, thanks to the help from all of you, friends and complete strangers a like. THANK YOU!! (If you hoped to donate but couldn’t at this time, don’t worry…you haven’t heard the end of this one … I hope to sign on as a TEAM FIGHT IronGirl participant for 2010…woot woot!)
- I made it further in marathon training than I ever have before (16 miles for my first marathon, followed by 2 months off before race day, haha, and *coughcoughnotraining* for my second one. I’ll say it again, believe me when I say I’m glad I forgot my timing chip in the hotel on that one!!) One day I’ll follow the entire plan! Just a little short this time, and I am confident that I will set a marathon PR , no matter how big or small! Bring on those Baltimore hills!!
- My bags are packed, I’m ready to go. Just need to spend the night CRAMMING (regardless of the fact I’ve been studying all week, this is gonna suck) for my History midterm tomorrow morning. Then I’m on the road. Baltimore or bust.
- Thank you for all of the support, encouragement, and even entertainment you all have provided me over the last 7 months!
The next time you hear from me, I’ll have a shiny crab medal to show off and another state (
#3#2…always remember your timing chip, otherwise they don’t officially count…)to cross off of on my quest for 50 states….
Happy running, happy weekend, and GOOD LUCK to everyone else racing this weekend!
(p.s., not sure if they are doing runner tracking, but I’m bib # 1255 !!)